CFPHE ADDS VALUE
CFPHE has worked for public health and the environment in Colorado since 1993.
CFPHE often serves the administrative arm of projects that aim to make investments in a quicker, more meaningful, and realistic way for communities. CFPHE has a very strong, yet simple, contracting process. CFPHE practices have been reviewed by federal, state, and independent organizations and has received standard to exceptional ratings on fiscal management of funds. CFPHE is often used as the applicant organization for HRSA, NIH, and CDC for various projects.
- Record keeping and reporting of project finances, including cash receipts and disbursements.
- Accounting of all funding streams, including class based system that allows for monitoring of multiple funding sources. This includes tracking of any restricted funds.
- Monthly balance sheets, income statements and general ledger reporting.
- Technical assistance in developing budgets and monitoring cash flow.
- Tax filings and reporting with the IRS, as part of CFPHE filing.
- Project is incorporated into CFPHE audits, including A133 compliance audits.
- Financial reporting and billing for cost reimbursable grants.
- Administration of property, liability and other insurance as needed.
- Acknowledgement to donors of tax-deductible donations.
CFPHE is grounded in a multi-sector approach, bringing together government, academia, community organizations, and businesses, among others, to build innovative partnerships. CFPHE has strong history in development and sustaining coalitions and project teams to implement a wide variety of public health and environmental health projects. CFPHE is a neutral party that can be used to convene broad partnerships and stakeholders to deal with difficult topics or negotiations. CFPHE can participate in and provide leadership and/or participation to any team created.
With community organizations and collaborations…
CFPHE provides a flexible administrative home for community organizations and collaborations for whom the fiscal, accounting, and reporting requirements of grants would be overly burdensome, allowing our partners to benefit from our administrative services while maintaining programmatic control over their projects. CFPHE can support community organizations by acting as the lead applicant for funding opportunities.
With academic and governmental institutions…
CFPHE serves as a strategic business partner with government agencies and universities, facilitating investments in community based projects by managing the flow of funding out into the community. Our simple, yet robust process is a successful strategy that avoids the often cumbersome bureaucracies of large, complex institutions.
CFPHE has a strong history of administrative knowledge and capacity. Since 2008, CFPHE has administered over $10 million in funds from federal, state, and private resources.
- Administration of all independent and vendor contracts.
- Employment by CFPHE, when feasible and necessary, paid from project funds.
- Payroll and tax accounting for project staff.
- Office Space access, including meeting space, storage, internet, printing, etc.
CFPHE is grounded in a multi-sector approach, bringing together government, academia, community organizations, and businesses, among others, to build innovative partnerships. CFPHE has strong history in development and sustaining coalitions and teams to implement a wide variety of public health projects. CFPHE is a neutral party that can be used to convene broad partnerships and stakeholders to deal with difficult topics or negotiations. CFPHE can participate in and provide leadership and/or participation to any team created.
- Assistance and consultation on budgeting, finance, and grant writing.
- Access to Colorado Nonprofit Association and other public health related associations for training, development and other needs.
- Access to a Professional Board of Directors who are business, public health and environmental health leaders both locally and nationally.